[sword-devel] Sword 1.6.2 NOW!

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Tue Sep 14 03:35:06 MST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:58, Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org> wrote:
>> Since there has probably been no announcement from Sword that distros
>> should patch,
>
> Um...  Procession from false assumption.  Anyone who's involved enough
> to be doing distribution of Sword software ought to be involved enough
> to be seeing discussion about such things as the curl bug and its patch
> here.

As a developer at PLD-Linux I long ago applied to patch in our package
repository: http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/packages/sword/sword.spec?rev=HEAD

However I would like to weigh in to this discussion to say that any
known bug that has to be patched in every major distribution before
release ought to be enough to warrant a point release in the upstream
project. There is no excuse for making every individual maintainer go
to the trouble of figuring out what is wrong with a broken package and
patching it.

Caleb