[sword-devel] bpbible Translation Error

Thomas Thorstad tom.t at aheart4seasia.org
Sat Sep 11 04:13:24 MST 2010

Hey All,

I have about 70% of the Lao Language completed for BPBible. The other is just not able to translate at this time, mostly because it isn’t needed.

However I am receiving an error message when I load BPBible in to the Lao Language. Just for your note (ເກີດຂໍ້ຜິດພາດ) Means Error in Lao, so At least I know some of the script is working.  It will not continue loading at this time. Any Ideas.

The Font I am using is an Unicode font and I have the language format to be set to UFT-8 Formatting.

Here is the Error Bellow:
ເກີດຂໍ້ຜິດພາດ

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xeaa) at index 2

ເກີດຂໍ້ຜິດພາດ

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

ເກີດຂໍ້ຜິດພາດ

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

ເກີດຂໍ້ຜິດພາດ

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

ເກີດຂໍ້ຜິດພາດ

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

Details:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14368, in <lambda>

  File "mainframe.pyo", line 186, in setup

  File "mainframe.pyo", line 836, in set_menus_up

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xeaa) at index 2

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14368, in <lambda>

  File "search\searchpanel.pyo", line 265, in set_version

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14368, in <lambda>

  File "search\searchpanel.pyo", line 265, in set_version

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14368, in <lambda>

  File "search\searchpanel.pyo", line 265, in set_version

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 14368, in <lambda>

  File "search\searchpanel.pyo", line 265, in set_version

ValueError: unsupported format character '?' (0xe82) at index 1

Just an FYI, My email is on the developer list however, I temporary disabled to for receiving emails it because I was getting overwhelmed by the emails and the internet is slow here so my Outlook would get stuck loading the emails. So please reply directly to my email below:

Blessings,

Tom T

Tom.t at aheart4seasia.org

Rev. Thomas Thorstad