[sword-devel] Autotools Build

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:53:33 MST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> [Install]
> DataPath=/home/greg/.sword

Why this instead of /usr/share/sword? What you're basically making
sword do is repetitively look in the same directories which may cause
problems. The default SWMgr constructor (which is presumably used by
the utilities) will automatically look in ~/.sword. I do not know what
affect making it look there twice would be. And then you set
SWORD_HOME which essentially causes it to look a third time. I don't
know exactly how that would affect things, but it seems like an odd
setup to me.

Matthew