[sword-devel] Psalm 119 stanza headings

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 9 04:28:35 MST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 3:38 AM, David Haslam wrote:

> Hi DM,
> Glad you had a good trip.
> Thanks for helpful explanation.
> My Cambridge University Press edition of the AV has both the Hebrew letters
> and the English transliterations.
> Unlike your Scofield edition, "THIS BIBLE IS PUBLISHED BY THE CAMBRIDGE

That's good, but that doesn't make it less different from the 1769 version than the Old Scofield. In doing research, I found that there were several versions of the KJV in circulation today all claiming to be the same. In order to be consistent I settled on a single hard copy/dead tree edition.

> Reminder: Our KJV module does not claim to be the 1611, but rather the 1769.
> See our
> http://crosswire.org/wiki/EnduserFAQ#Do_you_have_the_original_King_James.2FAuthorized_Version.3F
> FAQ .

Yes. I was curious what the "original had". Interesting to me, the chapters of the Psalmes were in roman numerals.