[sword-devel] CrossWire lacks a Content Management System

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Nov 6 05:22:43 MST 2010

On 11/6/2010 3:49 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> We have an ftpmirror that does not keep track of updates to scripts and
> other software tools that we host.

What you're referring to here (linking directly to the SVN versions of
perl scripts that we maintain) would be akin to replacing every single
binary we provide with nightly builds. We don't need to be publishing an
SVN commit that I made just over 12 hours ago when it hasn't even
undergone testing beyond one or two USFM docs. The perl scripts change
seldom and slowly, and they are used and tested by very few people.

--Chris