[sword-devel] Publishing User Content (was: Remote Module Repository Wiki)

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 5 08:19:24 MST 2010

I don't consider End Users Publishing and Publishing End Users the same
thing :)

The "Publish" option would simply enable the installed set of modules to
be 'transformed' into the hypothetical install source format, if we ever
decide we need a different install source format.

For example, if I install KJV, AraSVD, MHC, StrongsRealGreek,
StrongsRealHebrew, Robinsons, and TR on my device, and decide to share
my books with someone else, I would have to first press a "Publish"
button or some such to generate the format necessary (if a different
format ever becomes necessary) for another instance of a SWORD
application to install from my books.

I believe your idea was for allowing users to publish their authored
content to a publicly recognized location for discovery by other users.

I don't think I ever voiced disapproval to that idea.  I just didn't
want to host (police) their content :)

Troy