[sword-devel] Support more alternative verse syntaxes, e.g. "Luke 13, 12"

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 01:12:46 MST 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 3:55 AM, David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> How many different standards for Biblical passages reference format are
> there?

I think the real issue here is that many cultures use different
symbols for separation than we do in English (or I should say, the
US). I believe it is common in Europe to use , as the decimal
separator and . as the thousands which is exactly opposite from here.
So, the real issue is being able to parse input in the locale of the
user rather than any standard for Biblical passages.

Matthew