[sword-devel] Multi-xref sets

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu May 20 06:04:20 MST 2010

Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> writes:
> I'm wary of reusing <note> here, since I believe what Karl is talking
> about are works where the references are in the body of the text, rather
> than notes.

Both.

ESV Matt 5:38 has this:

A ThML Bible module of mine is xref'd identically, in effect:

<scripRef>Exodus 21:24; Lev. 24:20; Deut. 19:21</scripRef>

In Xiphos, hovering on either module's "*x" annotation sends this complete
verse list to the previewer, where each is then individually clickable to
navigate there.  In BibleCS, either of thees brings up an identical
floater with the xref'd content.

In commentary body content, that kind of ThML markup (with passage="..."
qualifier) operates similarly, still giving the whole list, but sending it
instead into Xiphos' verse list machinery, just as for what comes out of
searches and multi-bookmarks.  (I'm debating the wisdom of a change so
that both Bible "*x" xrefs and body content xrefs use the verse list.)

But in body content, the equivalent OSIS markup gives me a set that's only
clickable one verse at a time.  It's that inconsistency that's bothering me.