[sword-devel] Strong module in beta

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Mar 2 22:45:41 MST 2010

Hi Trenton,

I have observed that some hebrew and greek words are either encoded incorrectly or the SWORD lib stuffs up when actually displaying some of those words.  I have reported it at: http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/MOD-130
However, in retrospect, that was the wrong place to report it:  It's a beta module, so it should have been reported at http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Modules_in_the_beta_repository#Beta_Dictionary_Modules

I haven't had time to check the source of the issue, and instead cheated and switched to using the StrongsRealHebrew and StrongsRealGreek modules from the Xiphos repo...  ;)

To answer your question about what the purpose of the strong module is:  It has an index of both words by Strong's Number & words by the actual greek & hebrew word.  This means you can search for a particular greek (or hebrew) word and it will give you the Strong's Number of that word, so you can then click on that number and it will pull up the entry for that Strong's Number entry.  :)

Looking in the module .conf entry, the source of the module is:  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89078&package_id=93370&release_id=278981

hope that helps, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iPhone Bible Study app
www: http://crosswire.org/pocketsword
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/app/Pocketsword/id341046078
Twitter: @PocketSword