[sword-devel] The Apple iPad launch yesterday

Manfred Bergmann manfred.bergmann at me.com
Thu Jan 28 04:20:54 MST 2010

Yeah, that's really an awesome device, just saw the keynote. :)
While I don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch I think this will be a gadget I eventually buy.

As Nic noted iPhone OS based applications run fine however it does offer much more options in terms of user interface, usability, display, possibly speed and any PocketSword/MacSword derived application could benefit from an optimised user interface.

I've seen in the videos that many popup auxiliary/tool windows have an iPhone look&feel so I think some things could be reused from PocketSword.
We also finally have to consolidate the Objective-C++ SWORD wrapper classes to have a single code base that is shared between the two or three applications.

Manfred