[sword-devel] bug: InstallMgr habit -vs- repo refresh (Re: Bela module in CrossWire Experimental)

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Feb 25 10:57:22 MST 2010

Hi Karl,

Thanks for this extended description, and for the acknowledgment that in
some sense there is what I would call "quirky behaviour".

I realize that quality should be thought of it terms of "meeting
requirements" rather than "meeting expectations", yet sometimes it's the
latter perspective that gives deeper insight into the user's experience.

It's often difficult for the programmer to step back and think clearly about
how the unlearned user experiences things, because it is so obvious what the
program "should do". After all, who better to know how it should behave than
the one who designed it?

- David