[sword-devel] How to log out Strongs modules for development

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 14 05:25:53 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 12:01 +0000, David Instone-Brewer wrote:
> I was hoping to look at the possibility of adding a "Root" field to
> the Strongs modules, so that people could do a search for similar
> words.
> As a starting point I was going to find a programming way of
> identifying clusters from Strong's own internal links to similar words

This takes me back to a strong (no pun intended) note of caution given
by a lecturer at Cambridge.  He is a Hebrew expert, and warned us to be
VERY cautious with research based on 'roots'.  He gave a couple of
English examples, and pointed out the words 'ladybird', (Americans more
sensibly call it a 'ladybug' which works properly), but
'ladybird'  .... ? His other example was 'butterfly'.  He assured us
that Hebrew has at least as many such anomalies.

God bless,		Barry Drake
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!