[sword-devel] How to log out Strongs modules for development

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Mon Dec 13 15:25:22 MST 2010

On 12/13/2010 04:06 PM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> On 13/12/10 16:13, David Haslam wrote:
>
>> If you wish to obtain the OSIS source text for a module, then you'd need to
>> contact the relevant CrossWire volunteer.
> The Strong modules are created using TEI not OSIS.
>
> I am not sure (though Chris Little will know) if this :
>
> http://files.morphgnt.org/strongs-dictionary/
>
> and our source is the same, but I would think nevertheless this is a
> quality source for TEI encoded Strongs.
>
> Another, interesting (though I think, quite sleepy) project is here:
>
> http://www.textonline.org/wiki/Textonline.org:Current_events
>
> Unfortunate the site appears to be in difficulties. The site uses a
> variant of SFM to encode which should be easily translatable into TEI on
> completion.
>
> Peter

Sleepy is a great way to describe our project at textonline.org! I get
to it after semesters close (which is right now for us in America), and
I need to chase down our provider to fix the site's database! Hopefully
when my dissertation is done I will make lots of progress.

Currently the effort in regard to Greek is essentially dormant. For
Hebrew, I am working on checking the glosses that you, David IB,
obtained from the OLB lexicon to make sure they conform to BDB and
Strongs, thus moving the source way from the OLB source and toward
public domain material. I am using WeSay, a program written by SIL to
enable collaboration in developing lexicons. The files are in LIFT XML
and housed at LanguageDepot.org. If you or someone you know would like
to contribute to the ongoing work, register there and let me know so I
can get you (or another) set up to contribute. WeSay uses Mercurial for
version control, but all the user does is click Send/Receive button in
WeSay. It is really user-friendly once it is set up. Once I get the
textonline.org site back up and running I will make sure the
instructions there are clear.

But for Strongs, another source is at OpenScriptures.org. I think they
are working on perfecting a Strong's source in OSIS.

Daniel