[sword-devel] Linked in audio files

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Aug 25 04:29:28 MST 2010

> So, anyway, I would suggest that we allow - just as with images - a variety of file types and just hope for (gradual) expansion of any deficient media players (here mp3, ogg and aac) - and steer confused souls towards ogg.

I ask that we don't favour (or even use) ogg vorbis (FYI, "ogg" is a container format, "vorbis" is the audio format codec).  I'm going to completely ignore any arguments that could be made for or against the idea that it is patent free or infringes on patents, and I'll instead look to the fact that Apple and others have decided that it's iffy and not worth the risk & hence there is no native built-in decoder available in iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) for it.

Hence, for it to work nicely in PocketSword without me having to include my own sound decoder, I'd prefer mp3 or aac.

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)

----
Nic Carter
PocketSword Developer - an iPhone Bible Study app
www: http://crosswire.org/pocketsword
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/app/Pocketsword/id341046078
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pocketsword