[sword-devel] SWIG Bindings

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 20:19:42 MST 2010

Greetings y'all,

I have added support to the CMake build system in SWORD so that you
can build the Python bindings.  If you enable it, then the SWIG
wrapper will be compiled automatically during the normal "make" phase
and all you have to do is chdir into bindings/swig/python and type
"python setup.py install".  To enable building the bindings, add
-DSWORD_BINDINGS="Python" to your CMake invocation or use the GUI to
set the value of SWORD_BINDINGS to Python.

When I built, I didn't need the optional edit to the libraries= line,
but I can certainly add support for detecting that, if someone else
needs to do that on their system, I can create a patch for that so you
can test it before I commit that functionality.  Grab the goods from
SVN if you want to try it out.

--Greg