[sword-devel] Questions about usfm2osis.pl

johnduffy at cgcf.net johnduffy at cgcf.net
Wed Oct 28 15:56:27 MST 2009

Chris,

Sorry - I meant poetry not quotation marks.  I've been using Unicode
quotations in UTF-8 instead of <<, < etc.  I read somewhere that the Unicode
quotations in UTF-8 would not require osis markup, which would avoid the
problem nested quotes or quotes going across chapter or section divisions.
The original text does not make good use of quotation marks too which
requires this approach, as it often inserts an additional opening quotation
mark at each new paragraph within a quoted section, while only having one
closing quotation mark and the very end.  I trust that using Unicode
characters will therefore avoid problems in osis and module creation.

John Duffy