[sword-devel] Submitting a Patch against 1.60svn

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:09:33 MST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org>wrote:

> Thanks for the patch Nathan,
>
> Is this really necessary?  This has been in the code for quite some time
> and BPBible has been working with swig bindings for quite some time with
> this in the code.  I don't believe this inner class should ever be
> exposed in the bindings, as it is a mechanism we use in the
> implementation of a specific derived class, and not a basic interface.
>
> This isn't necessary for me; SWIG will give warnings about nested classes,
but not errors (they just won't be wrapped).
It is actually possible to get round these restrictions, but here it isn't
worth it.

The place I'd actually be a little more worried about the nested classes is
in the av11n code, with VerseMgr::System, etc.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!