[sword-devel] Android SWORD

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 12 10:46:23 MST 2009

There is now a preliminary Android NDK / Java binding available in SVN.
 This is very very early and should just be considered a proof of concept.

There is a package available to show things working, but doesn't really
do much:

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop.apk

the JNI libsword.so should be placed in your project/libs directory, e.g.,

~/workspace/bishop/libs/armeabi/libsword.so

and can be obtained from the above package-- believe me, you don't want
to try to compile it yourself as the NDK does not have STL support out
of the box.  The Java classes can be obtained from the
sword/bindings/java-jni/src directory, e.g.

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/bindings/java-jni/src/org/crosswire/android/sword/

Module library must exist on your SD card under a 'sword' directory to
be found, e.g., unzip KJV.zip to /sdcard/sword/

Have fun, let me know if anyone else is interested in developing an
Android frontend.

	-Troy.