[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.99

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Oct 10 03:47:33 MST 2009

I noticed that installmanager.exe requires icudt40.dll, while sword.exe
requires icudt42.dll, so I infer that this installmanager.exe is a bit
old. (Unless I'm being forgetful, a recompile should link to the newer
dll automatically.)

The test zip will also need the new locale files for anyone wishing to
use a non-English locale.

Since most versions of Windows now support icons much larger than
32x32x8bpp, the icons are looking pretty dated. I uploaded a couple of
new icons to SVN that we could consider. The BibleCS icon I uploaded is
decent. The InstallManager icon is just the modules icon from the news
page, which is just a photo of some books from my bookshelf, so it
doesn't look as good. But both look a lot nicer on the Win7 taskbar or
desktop.

The only bug I've spotted (not that I've had much time to play with it)
pertains to non-KJV v11n: If I select a non-KJV Bible with non-KJV
books, then select one of those non-KJV books, it pulls up Ch. 1
correctly. But it immediately changes the book (in the drop down and the
commentary panel, but not in the Bible panel) to Revelation and changes
the book list drop down to include only the KJV books. It's caused by
the focus on a non-KJV commentary in the commentary panel, since the
commentary looks up a book not present in the KJV v11n, which ends up
snapping back to Rev in the KJV v11n. Changing to a GenBook allows
normal navigation.

--Chris