[sword-devel] experimental repository & new module release procedures

Teus Benschop teusjannette at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:36:06 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 08:20 +0100, Manfred Bergmann wrote:
> > Is there still a consensus that experimental should be removed from
> > masterRepoList.conf? We could add a note field to that .conf and
> > label it as "for developers only". A note field might also help
> > clarify the purpose of the bible.org repo that causes some
> > confusion. (This would of course not be a useable field prior to
> > 1.6.1--but I assume that's coming fairly soon.)

If it stayed in the masterRepoList.conf then any user that wish to have
a Bible or commentary that's not yet fully released could have it, and
after noticing the label "experimental", he/she should realize that
there may be problems. If users are exposed to experimental modules,
their feedback could be helpful in taking out the bugs. So, my vote,
$0.02 worth, would be to let it remain in the master repository list.

Teus.