[sword-devel] Module options -> Translation and ruby annotaions in Xiphos

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Oct 2 11:14:27 MST 2009

I think there is some misunderstanding here Matthew.

It is not a ICU problem as such here, but a problem which transliteration is printed.

Ruby is a means to assert one of several ways of pronouncing a given Kanji sign by giving a "Ruby" pronounciation guide in a different script, a syllable based script with fixed pronounciation rules.

Kanji signs are words, of Chinese origin and can have a list of pronounciations.

Basically what our software should do is to discard a Kanji transliteration and choose the subsequent Ruby transliteration as the preferred choice.

Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------