[sword-devel] Forum and website descriptions for BibleTime - please update

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Nov 16 04:02:43 MST 2009

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, David Haslam wrote:

> Dear Eeli,
>
> Would you also like to have any changes in the
> http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/ wiki ?
>
> David

Thanks for the quick response. I have a wiki account and can edit it
myself. But the web site heading is still wrong - I would prefer plain
"BibleTime" just like the other programs have only their name.

BTW, mentioning MacOSX wasn't an accident, we are going to release Mac
builds. Mentioning BSD is not bad either, but most BSD users should be
able to deduct that it runs on it, and mentioning all possible platforms
isn't possible. Actually BibleTime cross-platformity is limited mostly
by Qt and sword and some smaller libraries which are all very portable.
Maybe "Linux/Unix" would be proper because it means all *nix platforms
in general.

Also the "...and it makes working with..." was on purpose with "it". The
window layout isn't the only thing which makes working with large
numbers of text modules easy. BibleTime has the unique "Grouping"
feature in the bookshelf view so that user can see modules grouped e.g.
under Bibles->English, English->Bibles, Bibles, English, or without
grouping. It also has a quick filter for module names to find one and it
has an easy way to show all modules in the list or only some selected.
But I didn't want to be too wordy and tried to communicate "BibleTime
also makes working with...". Maybe "Its window layout is very versatile
which with some other features makes working with..."

On the other hand, I could be happy with the current text, except for
the heading.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland