[sword-devel] curl library and download termination

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 6 17:16:24 MST 2009

Yeah, Eeli, I would guess Matthew is correct about your changes breaking
binary compat, though I HOPE we haven't broken binary compat since 1.6.0.

Safe rule to follow is not to change anything in header files needed to
compile a frontend app.  For example, we've added canon*.h header files
since 1.6.0, but those header files should only be required when
building the engine-- not when building BT, Xiphos, etc.

Back to a solution....

I guess we can we just do things the long cheesy way now with some silly
static class definition in CURLFTPTransport.cpp:

struct PrivateData {
 PrivateData(CURLFTPTransport *t, StatusReporter *sr) : trans(t),
statRep(sr) {}
 CURLFTPTransport *trans;
 StatusReporter *statRep;
}

Then:
PrivateData p(this, statusReporter);
curl_easy_setopt(session, CURLOPT_PROGRESSDATA, &p);

I agree, the return value should do more than just return -1 on anything
other than CURLE_OK.

	-Troy.