[sword-devel] curl library and download termination

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:44:31 MST 2009

> However, when I tried to test it with Xiphos the app failed to install
> modules every time right after beginning. It didn't recover even when I
> changed back to standard sword package. I used LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I didn't
> compile Xiphos. I'm not sure if this was the reason for the error
> because it shouldn't affect after using different library binary.

Eeli,

Are you building from svn or are you patching 1.6.0? Either way, if
you provide a patch I can test it.

As far as binary compatibility, if you're building from svn, I'm
fairly positive we've already broken binary compatibility since 1.6.0.
In addition, I think your changes (as I understand them) break binary
compatibility as well. See
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C++
for just one discussion of this. Perhaps I'm not understanding what
you're doing.

Matthew