[sword-devel] osis2mod import issue

Ryan adyeths at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:29:23 MST 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 14:56 -0400, DM Smith wrote:
> On May 30, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Ryan wrote:
> >>
> >> When you say it doesn't "work", what do you mean? Are you looking at
> >> the module file to see whether it is present or not? Or are you not
> >> seeing the verse in some front-end? If so, which are you using?
> >>

> > When I say it doesn't work I mean I cannot see the text when using any
> > of the frontends I have access to right now. xiphos 3.1, bibletime
> > 2.0,
> > and the command line diatheke. They never display the verses that
> > follow
> > the </p><p> tags in my modules. Just empty verse references.
> >
> > I looked at the generated modules themselves to see what was going on
> > and can see that the verse content is actually there.
> Are those built with SWORD 1.6? (Modules built with osis2mod now
> requires 1.6 when there are tags between verses, such as titles,
> paragraphs, divs, ....)

yes, they are built with SWORD 1.6. I installed the software in ubuntu
from here... http://ppa.launchpad.net/pkgcrosswire/ppa/ubuntu

I tested the svn utilities by compiling them myself after first noticing
some of the verses weren't showing up.

> If you turn on headings, does the content show?

No, that makes no difference for me. The verses are not showing up
regardless of whether the headings are turned on or off.

> I'm putting the KJV into beta. It will have a few bug fixes and will
> be built with the "new" osis2mod. You can grab the updated OSIS xml
> from www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/kjv2006.

Thanks. As soon as I see it in the list of beta modules I'll install it
and see how it works for me.