[sword-devel] SWORD utils frontends

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Sun May 17 06:54:51 MST 2009

2009/5/16 Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden at fastmail.fm>:
> I'm wondering whether it might end up being simpler to create a Python
> (or whatever your chosen portable scripting language is) GUI wrapper for
> the SWORD utilities, that people run locally on their own machine,
> rather than a web UI for a central server?  Login authentication already
> exists on the user's machine, there is no need to move possibly large
> files back and forth, no worries about whose files they are, multiple
> users at once are handled by the users OS (on multi-user OSes only, of
> course), etc.

I guess we love python too much.... Cross-platform with correct
widgets toolkit it will look native on all platforms.

Launchpad defaults to https: openID that indeed doesn't work on
SourceForge http://launchpad.net/~you does work on SourceForge ;-)

> Hmmm, I just tried again, and after a couple of odd things happening
> (like being asked to associate my OpenID with my SF account, doing so,
> and getting sent to a blank web page!), it now seems to be working :)
> So maybe things really are improving, or I just had back luck the first
> time I tried out OpenID?

Well that's the strange thing that a lot of them do ask you to
"associate" or "create" local account. But nonetheless openId is the
other method to login.

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),