[sword-devel] InstallMgr

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri May 15 01:40:28 MST 2009

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>> 2. We need to support http.
>>
>> 3. We don't need to support the old, standard non-zipped directory
>> structure with http because it's not needed for backwards compatibility.
>
> I think Troy's argument is right for module libraries, created by people
> who do not have much nous - install sword and open up your repo (via ftp
> +/- http). So HTTP support for standard repos is of huge benefit

OK, I understand there's a benefit. However, it already requires some
nous to create a module and put it to some file system location, so
zipping it and creating the (g)zipped file of the .conf files isn't a
large step. I wonder if there exist such people who can create a sword
module but can't zip it.

--Eeli Kaikkonen