[sword-devel] InstallMgr

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri May 15 01:29:13 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> 2. We need to support http.
>
> 3. We don't need to support the old, standard non-zipped directory
> structure with http because it's not needed for backwards compatibility.

I think Troy's argument is right for module libraries, created by people
who do not have much nous - install sword and open up your repo (via ftp
+/- http). So HTTP support for standard repos is of huge benefit

But other than that, yes, I agree with your post.

I also think that the installation of local zip files (while
programmatically not different to across the network) is not meant to
break the general idea of how our repos (should) work.

Peter