[sword-devel] v11n - howto create module from vpl format

Martin Zibricky mzibricky at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:42:23 MST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert Czech Bible 21 (B21) to sword format.

When using tool 'vpl2mod' (sword 1.5.11) I'm getting a lot of warnings
like:

----
Not a valid KJV ref: Genesis 32:33
appending to ref: Genesis 32:32
Warning, overwriting verse: Genesis 32:32
Not a valid KJV ref: Exodus 7:26
----

at first look it seems to me that B21 is using Leningrad versification.
(file canon_leningrad.h but there are missing items for new testament in
that file).

Is it possible to convert vpl Bible format to sword module using
specific v11n versification? (in my case Leningrad versification)?

Or should I do it by hand?
( use vpl2mod with KJV versification, then mod2osis and then edit osis
by hand to correct the versification and then using osis2mod?)

Martin Zibricky