[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.x Localization (Ps 151)

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:22:22 MST 2009

> It still seems clear, to me, that there are a large number of
> technical difficulties as we climb outward in our search to support
> everyone's canon.  I'm guessing a mapping mechanism will have to wait
> until we have determined our full support extent and, even then, will
> be non-trivial to support verses which are partially broken up in some
> versions but not others and versions which include in their print
> multiple versifications.

Of course there are technical difficulties if we seek to copy the printed
text exactly - but this should not delay a mapping mechanism.
A mapping mechanism is, I believe, more important than trying to support
more complicated v11n's with reordering, inserted text, etc.
(I'm not saying that I don't want to see more complicated v11n's - but I
think they are a lower priority)

Mapping in the general case should be actually pretty easy mostly - provided
you have the data...

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,