[sword-devel] Problem with display of references

Adrian Korten adrian_korten at sil.org
Thu May 7 01:46:50 MST 2009

Good day,

I am trying to help with a Thai version of Torrey's New Topical
Textbook. However, the references are not working as I expected. Could
someone please explain what I'm doing wrong or if it is a bug or missing
feature? I am using the Sword Project for Windows but don't know this
has to do with the sword engine or the UI.

I have tried this with ThML and OSIS style references in a IMP file.
They have different results but the end result is not what I'd like. I
have attached my test files. What I would like is to only display the
Thai text in the lexicon window. I'd like to have a pop-up or jump-to
verse selection available. What I would like is for it to read the
English/standard bible references but display the Thai references.

Instead, the OSIS version seems to read and display only the Thai
references and does not pop up a verse or display a verse list. While
the ThML version seems to read and display the English/standard
references and then pop up a verse(s) or display a verse list.

I have not tested this a fully conformant OSIS or ThML document. Is that
the problem? Or is it something else? Nor have I tested it with other
programs on other platforms because most of the users will be Windows
users and most already have the Sword Project version.

ak