[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.x LOCALIZATION HELP WANTED

Mark Trompell mark at foresightlinux.org
Wed May 6 00:00:11 MST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:

> I've updated the locale template which is included in our source tree at:
>
> http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/doc/translation-template.conf
>
> Included is an #Apocr comment which separates the old book names above it,
> from the new book names below.  Also included is a new updated and expanded
> commentary on how to tune your locale abbreviations to better parse input
> from users.
>

> The existing locales can be seen in SVN here:
>
> http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/locales.d/

I'm just wondering how 'choices' are handled.
i.e different german bibles have different booknames sometimes.
Like Job is called Ijob in some translations and Hiob in others.
Ecclesiastes is called 'kohelet' or 'prediger'

Blessings
Mark

--
Mark Trompell

Foresight Linux Xfce Edition
Cause your desktop should be freaking cool
(and Xfce)