[sword-devel] [sword-support] deuterocanonical support

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 04:10:59 MST 2009

On 16/03/2009, David Haslam <d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> Can someone please clarify whether "deuterocanonical" support in the
> pipeline
> is just extending scope of the canonical support to the 75 books found in
> many Catholic Bibles, or if it also will address the pseudo-epigraphical
> books as found in the Ethiopian (Amharic script) Bibles?

I believe it will - sometime.

Also, how utilities such as IMP2MOD with its command switch called "append"
> will work in the context of an extended canon for the SWORD API?
> If I recall correctly, individual books are placed in the right order when
> "append" is used, which would seem to imply that a specified order would be
> required for the deuterocanonical books, even though the order varies in
> different Catholic translations

Append just adds data to the modules. Order is not important here. I presume
there would be one order that was used (though others could be added).

God Bless,
Multitudes, multitudes,
    in the valley of decision!
For the day of the LORD is near