[sword-devel] Follow up: Hello from India

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 02:59:34 MST 2009

In emails I exchanged with Yesudas earlier this week, he intimated that they
are working towards making SWORD modules for the various Indian language
Bibles.  Even so, the permissions they have direct from the translators are
such that only they will be distributing such modules.

I will keep in contact with him on this topic.

-- David

PS.  The Telugu and Kannada Bibles are also now available from the Word of
God team, including the mobile phone versions made using Go Bible Creator.

For the Hindi Bible, are we waiting on obtaining copyright permission from
Yesudas Solomon, or is it a matter of someone willing to convert the
available text into sword compatible format? Thanks for clarification.