[sword-devel] compiling sword library with CLucene

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:09:54 MST 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I misread that sword actually compiled. Upon closer look, I see it
> failed with precisely the same errors I expected.
>
> Greg, I would be interested in knowing whether BT is using clucene
> compiled without Unicode support. The easiest way to do this is to
> look in the pre-processor definitions and see if "_UNICODE" is
> defined.

The default build that comes out of the CMake file has WIN32,
_WINDOWS, _DEBUG, CMAKE_INTDIR defined for the CLucene build file that
I'm using, and that's it.  However, when looking through
clucene-config.h and CLConfig.h in the CLucene build directories, it
appears that they default to using the UNICODE build and that you
define _ASCII if you want to force the library into ASCII mode.  So I
believe that we're using a Unicode-enabled build.

--Greg