No subject

Sun Jul 12 01:35:35 MST 2009

The 2011 Trust has been established by Bible Society to celebrate the 400th
anniversary of the King James Bible which was completed in 1611. There have
been few more important single publications and its impact has been
considerable and wide ranging.

Our aim is to celebrate its impact in history and on language, particularly
in this country, but also in the English speaking world.

The Trust is hard at work developing projects which will include:

* commissioning new music and literature=20
* study days in some cities following James=E2=80=99s route from Scotland t=
o London,
focusing on the translation story=20
* lectures at Oxford and Cambridge, where the translators worked=20
* developing educational school projects=20
* publishing new texts=20
* discussions about similar values in the texts of the world=E2=80=99s majo=
religions=20
* major exhibitions in London and around the country where the translations
were made=20
* street culture projects

2011 will be launched at Hampton Court, where the translation was
commissioned at the 1604 Conference. The year will close on 16 November 201=
1
with a service in Westminster Abbey where, in the Jerusalem Chamber, the
final editing of the Bible was completed.

I hope that you will find something of interest in our plans. I would be
delighted to hear from you if you have any ideas. Our website will be
constantly updated and please sign up to our mailing list.

Frank Field
Chairman

--=20
ating-400-years-since-the-1611-King-James-Bible-tp24524313p24524313.html