[sword-devel] OSIS2MOD -a (augment) What happens to OSIS headers?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Jan 27 11:46:10 MST 2009

If you use the -a switch in OSIS2MOD to augment a module, what happens to the
OSIS headers?

Does the module retain only the original OSIS header, or does it augment it
with the new one?
Or, worse still, does it replace the original OSIS header with the one from
the augmenting OSIS file?

The reason for asking is that we have access to some OSIS files from Myanmar
Bibles that are 66 individual XML files, each with their own OSIS header.

I would like to make the round trip OSIS2MOD (1 without & 65 with the -a
switch) followed by MOD2OSIS in order to obtain a single OSIS file for the
whole Bible.

-- David