[sword-devel] CrossWire wiki vandalism?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jan 8 12:53:57 MST 2009

I'm mostly happy with everything that's been implemented & suggested.
There are only a couple of things I might do differently (probably based
on my own behavior on the wiki combined with our universal hatred of
actually facing captchas):

DM Smith wrote:
> 5) Adding an external URL to a page. (Let me know if this gets in the
> way. I can turn it off.)

This I would probably have left off. We did have problems with link
spam, but not for a while now. Now it's mostly gibberish. I can't even
remember the last time I saw link spam.

> If necessary I can add captcha to every edit and to every page creation.

Every edit would be bad (and I think that's what everyone was up in arms
against). On the other hand, every page creation would seem like a good
time to show a captcha. Legitimate page creations are relatively few &
far between, but spammers create them often.

--Chris