[sword-devel] New SWORD website - update

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:06:24 MST 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This gives wiki edit functionality, some control for project leads with wiki
>> perms, and a sense of useful moderation and staticness for the main site.
>>
>> Now how?
>
> If the wiki worked, I'd be able to demo for you my simplistic export
> page - but since the Wiki isn't setup and running, I can't do that.
> The PHP to export from the wiki is really quite straightforward.
>
> --Greg

In my user's public_html folder on the server there is a file called
export.php.  It will export the MediWiki-style text of the article.
Just invoke it as "php export.php <article name>" and you'll be
greeted with the wiki-text of the article, sans the rest of the HTML
header, etc (can also be accessed at
crosswire.org/~ghellings/export.php?article_name=<article name>).  Any
type of post-processing that someone would want to do can then be
performed on the text of the article either in the PHP before
exporting or afterward, using other tools/scripts/etc.  Obviously
you'd want to clean up the use of wiki-style markup with standard HTML
markup, etc, and you'd have to figure out what to do with wiki-links
when you were dumping to the static page (Probably leaving most of
them to link to Wiki pages would be easy.  Using the wiki-provided
classes to turn [[KJV 1611]] to its canonical anchor form shouldn't be
terribly difficult) and so on.  But there you have the basic dump
already available for anyone who wants to use it in setting up regular
dumps of the wiki into some form of static pages.

--Greg