[sword-devel] BOM and Osis2Mod

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 08:38:54 MST 2009

Ian Wagner wrote:
> See http://unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#bom1. It indicates the
> encoding that the file is written in, be it big-endian (most
> siginificant byte to least significant byte-- the way that we write,
> and the way the PowerPC stores numbers in memory), or little-endian
> (the reverse and the way intel processors store numbers in memory).

Thanks for the link. On the same page, it states that UTF-8 only has a
single ordering of bytes. There is only one BOM appropriate for it: EF
BB BF. As osis2mod only works for UTF-8 and cp1252 (Win Latin 1), the
presence of it would be noise. If another BOM is present, I think
osis2mod should fail.
In Him,