[sword-devel] [mobile-devel] SwordReader beta 1

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 3 03:21:18 MST 2009

Hi Robin .......

About soText ......

RLRANDALLX at aol.com wrote:
> Don't forget I sent you the OSIS2SOT.pl tool and even some sample
> soText I think. Nothing much to do but make it work with your code.
> Well I suppose it should work with Sword Engine =)
I'm really grateful for the time you put in.  Using your perl script, it
would be easy to construct a soText module ....  but there is nothing as
yet that will read it.  Last time I looked at the code, the new
versekeytree class was a long way from working.  Troy has since done
work on it, but I don't know how far it is from completion.  My
assumption (not necessarily correct) was that it would be sensible to
design the soText render filters around versetreekey.

What is needed is a filter as a part of the Sword engine to extract and
buffer the text and the tags and present these to the front end in
exactly the same way that they are presented by a standard module at the
present time.  I have some idea of the process required, but firstly, my
efforts to try to move versekeytree on came to nothing; my coding
abilities are not really at that level.  Secondly, I have been running
out of time and energy lately and at the present time have no
programming facilities on my new computer.  I could do something about
that as I have a licenced Borland suite on disk, but at the present time
have not had time even to install it.

I have a fair few notes that I made while playing with the Sword engine
.... I'm happy to pass these on to anyone who wants to get involved.
Sadly, I think you'll need to count me out of doing any serious coding
for now.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).