[sword-devel] Getting rid of BibleCS (was Re: [bt-devel] Eureka!!)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Feb 27 22:32:30 MST 2009

Daniel Owens wrote:
> With DM's cautions/suggestions in mind, I created some content for the page I
> suggested for the wiki (http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Choosing_a_Sword_Program).
> I envision factual informations about features, not value judgments. It is a
> place to showcase the positive features of each application. I made some
> additions to the table already, but I highly suggest front-end developers check
> the accuracy of what I've done so far. I could have misrepresented your
> application, and that's not my intention. Also, for FireBible and MacSword I
> know so little that I haven't really added much.

I have had a similar table in mind. However, it could be organized
better. Now if you want to add a feature it will become too wide. I
suggest this:

Use simple icons for describing support for a feature:
     Planned and under work
     Planned and "promised" but not realized yet
     Not needed because replaced by similar or better feature

Group the table in parts according to feature groups:
Platfrom support

Platform support
                      Alk BD BT BPB...
     Win 3.1