[sword-devel] 1.6.1 final call

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 08:54:21 MST 2009

2009/12/25 Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com>:
> OK, I am still not understanding why there is an issue, or what the
> real cause of the issue is. However, this line I think will work:
>
> const unsigned int MAX_CONV_SIZE = 6536 * sizeof(wchar_t) * sizeof(wchar_t);
>
> If somebody can come up with an actual explanation for why there is a
> problem, and a non-hackish solution, that would be great.
>
> Just for the record, wchar_t is 16 bits on win32 and 32 bits on *nix.
> So, if I'm thinking correctly (and I won't guarantee that right now),
> this should give the equivalent of 1024 * 1024;
>
> Matthew

BTW sword is compiled on 12+ architectures for Debian. Can you please
provide the shell test suite. I'll include it in debian build and you
will be able to gather all kind of information & failures from
different architectures.

I strongly belief saying on *nix is quite over generalisation. And i'm
a bit skeptical as to why do we need "magic" numbers in core library.

Just a thought =)

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),