[sword-devel] 1.6.1 outstanding items?

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:14:31 MST 2009

Also, I noticed that you changed the configuration to always use
HAVE_ICUSWORD if ICU is present. While this is desirable on Windows,
it will mean scrapping all the custom transliterators in sword/icu.
Basically if _ICUSWORD_ is defined, it is assumed all transliterators
will be loaded directly from the ICU shared lib. If it is not defined,
then it loads these custom transliterators on the fly. For whatever
reason, loading the custom transliterators does not work on Windows
(at least I have been unable to make it work), so I always want
_ICUSWORD_ defined. Then I do use SWORD'S copy of ICU, at least the
data binary that Chris builds, so I get all of his custom
transliterators. Technically these should be the same transliterators
as are available in sword/icu, but I believe the ones there have not
been updated in some time.

The desired result is that we want _ICUSWORD_ defined if we're
actually using SWORD's copy of ICU, but not with the unaltered ICU
found in most linux distros. I believe the way it is now is that
ICUSWORD will always be defined.

I think this is all correct, but I'll admit to still not understanding
what all is going on with this. Last time I asked, no one else did
either, so I hope this helps out somewhat.


More information about the sword-devel mailing list