[sword-devel] PocketSword will be delayed...

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Dec 2 21:27:53 MST 2009

Thanks for the emails  :)

elaborating on my FYI, FYI #2:

Apple send you an email saying how/why it was rejected & I just triple checked it for an NDA, but it doesn't seem to be under NDA, so . . .

Firstly they rejected it cause they found a bug in the downloader.  I think they assumed that was the normal behaviour, but it was something I've never encountered before.  So I've asked for more information.  :)

Secondly, they said:
"Furthermore, PocketSword is a beta or feature-limited version.   Any reference to beta needs to be removed from the binary and metadata.  Free or "Lite" versions are acceptable, however the application must be a fully functional app and cannot reference features that are not implemented or up-sell to the full version.  A screenshot has been attached for your reference."

They claim it is a "beta version" because you can download modules from the "CrossWire Beta" repository!  Argh!  :(

So, it's something I can work around in both cases, but a pain.  Cause do I delay it a little and add some features I've been working on for 1.1 and throw them in or do I revert to my 1.0 code and work with that?

Ok, sorry for the overshare (you all may have figured out that I can write long emails!)...  Prayer could be for patience for me & for them to read the email I wrote back to them & get back to me quickly (preferably for them to change their minds, too!!!!!)  :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)