[sword-devel] FFe application for sword being considered, and patches split out

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:03:17 MST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Matthew Talbert<ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM, DM Smith<dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
>> On 08/31/2009 12:42 PM, DM Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think the solution regarding segfaults on a search of only
>>> stopwords is the right way to solve the problem. The problem is in clucene
>>> or an inappropriate use of it. A bug should be entered into the clucene
>>> project for it.
>>
>> The bug has already been reported and fixed:
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2088975&group_id=80013&atid=558446
>> It is fixed in 0.9.23.
>
> The problem is that 0.9.23 is considered "unstable", therefore it
> isn't included in any of the distros. The problem will have to be
> worked around until they have another stable release.

0.9.23 is "unstable" and is over 13 months old.  0.9.21b is the latest
stable, and even that dates back to October of last year.  Judging
from the last two commits on their project page, they're in a
refactoring stage - no idea how long that is expected to last.  Since
0.9.21b post-dates 0.9.23 - is the bug fixed in 0.9.21b?

--Greg