[sword-devel] FFe application for sword being considered, and patches split out

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 30 22:23:11 MST 2009

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Quick note: I remember scanning the patch originally sent seeing a
> 'new' without an obvious delete.  Please be sure to check for this.
> I may be wrong; it was a quick observation.

You could well be right, the stopwords patch

  http://crosswire.org/~jmarsden/17_no_stop_words.diff

probably needs a line

  delete analyzer;

added to the group of deletes, after the existing line

  delete an;

Matthew: Do you agree with this proposed patch to your patch? :)

> I do appreciate and plan to incorporate Matthew's suggestions into
> svn head.  I believe I still may research clucene and see if we can
> use our UTF-16 or 32 conversion routines so we won't need to allocate
> 1 meg of static buffer.  Considering all the comments recently about
> bc and index versioning as well.  We need to release a 1.6.1 soon and
> it should contain most of these things.

Sounds good to me.  I'm not trying to push you along, at all (though I'd
be happy to see a 1.6.1 release, especially if it has some working test
suites and ideally some utility regression tests in it!).  I'm just
trying to see if we can get some known bugs in the 1.6.0 codebase fixed
in our SWORD packages before Ubuntu Karmic goes out the door --
otherwise the fixes won't officially be in Ubuntu for yet another six
months.  Seeing xiphos segfault and die when you search for the word
"is" ... well, it just doesn't feel good :)

Jonathan