[sword-devel] Wiki Misrepresentation

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Mon Aug 3 07:48:44 MST 2009

I think that if you look at other sections of the FAQ you will come to
the conclusion that while the new code of the frontend may only need to
be GPL-compatible, it could also as a derivative need to be GPL, and
either way the combined code must be GPL. So yes, the frontend must be
GPL or GPL-compatible, but in most cases it must be only GPL and not
simply compatible. How many SWORD frontend authors can correctly claim
that their code is not derivative?

Must be (GPL OR compatible) AND Must be (GPL) = GPL

Jerry