[sword-devel] Distributing modules with SWORD frontends

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 04:33:21 MST 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Ian Wagner<iwagn973 at students.bju.edu> wrote:
> Hey, I have been asked on several occasions if it would be possible for me
> to bundle a Bible or 2 with the App Store release of PocketSword. I am aware
> that this is not allowed for many modules since the license to distribute
> (or whatever they call it) was granted only to Crosswire. Are there any
> modules that would be legal to bundle with a frontend? I suspect this might
> be permissible for the KJV, but I would like to be sure.

If you have any particular modules you wish to distribute, then I
would suggest contacting the copyright holders directly.  Crossway in
particular are fairly liberal with giving permissions for the ESV
(they rejected our request to distribute BPBible with it because they
would prefer Crosswire to do so, but the iPhone is a different
environment, so YMMV).

Jon