[sword-devel] ESV linegroups not processed in osishtmlhref

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:35:28 MST 2009

The ESV has linegroups of the style <lg sID="..."> and <lg eID="...">, but
these aren't picked up by osishtmlhref.
attributes.
This would be reasonably simple to add - just another case in the token
handling (rather than relying on token substitution).

A while ago, Daniel Owens and I were talking about the use of linegroups in
VietNVB. Daniel had removed the linegroups as they caused a new line to
appear after the versenumber in (I think) Xiphos - and he noticed this
didn't happen with the ESV's linegroups. I now wonder whether this was
because the ESV didn't output the <br /> at the start of line groups, due to
the sID and eID elements. If so, perhaps <br /> shouldn't be output? (BTW,
linegroups are important to retain intact, so I don't want them to be
eliminated from the module...)

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,